School of Journalism & Communication, Tsinghua University
Ph.D. in Communication (2011), The Chinese University of Hong Kong
M.A. in Communication (2007), Peking University
B.A. in Arts (2005), Peking University
B.A. in Journalism (2005), Peking University
Digital inclusion and information access
Computational Social Science
The Psychology of New Media
Frontiers in Cognitive Communication
Research Methods for Communication Studies
New Media and Society
Academic Research Workshop
Editorial & Review Service
Associate Editor, Technology in Society (SSCI, Q1)
Special Issue guest associate editor, Information Processing & Management (SSCI, Q1)
Computers in Human Behavior
Behavior& Information Technology
Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking
Telematics and Informatics
Games and Culture
Computers & Education
Mass Communication and Society
Asian Journal of Communication
Chinese Journal of Communication
The International Communication Gazette
Journal of Behavioral Addictions
Applied Research in Quality of Life
International Journal of Mobile Communications
Frontiers in Psychology
Frontiers in Psychiatry
Psychology Research and Behavior Management
European Journal of Physiotherapy
Athens Journal of Mass Media and Communication
Asian Journal of Public Opinion Research
Asian Journal for Journalism and Media Studies
Asian Journal of Social Psychology
Journal of Adolescence
Young Scholar Award, Chinese Association for History of Journalism and Communication, Shenzhen, China,
16th Research Award for Social Sciences, Beijing, China, 2021
Teaching Award, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, 2020
Young Scholar Award for TV Broadcasting and Online Audio-visual Industry, Beijing, China, 2020
New Media Research Award, Qihao Academic Research Award for Distinction, Beijing, China, 2018
Top Paper Award, Chinese Association for History of Journalism and Communication, Annual Conference, Hangzhou, China, 2018
Teaching Award, Dalian, China, 2015
Xinghai scholar, Dalian, China, 2015
The Chinese University of Hong Kong Young Scholars Dissertation Award, Hong Kong, China, 2013
Young Scholar Award, Communication Policy Research South 2012 (CPRsouth7), Port. Luis, Mauritius, 2012
Schiller Award, International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR), Istanbul, Turkey, 2011
Best Paper Award, the Fourth Postgraduate Academic Conference, Beijing, China, 2009
Bell Canada Best Paper Award, 17th International Telecommunication Society (ITS), Montreal, Canada, 2008
South China Morning Post Merit Award for Distinction, Beijing, China, 2007
Jiang, Q. (2019). Internet addiction among cyberkids in China: Risk factors and intervention strategies. Singapore: Springer. (ISBN: 978-981-13-3791-8)
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles
- Jiang, Q., Liu, S., Hu, Y., & Xu, J. (2021). Social media for health campaign and solidarity among Chinese fandom publics during the COVID-19 pandemic. Frontiers in Psychology, doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2021.824377
- Jiang, Q., Cheng, Y., & Cho, S. (2021). Media Coverage and Public Perception of the THAAD event in China, the United States, and South Korea: A Cross-national Network Agenda-setting Study. Chinese Journal of Communication, 14(4), 386-408.
- Cheng, Y., Shen, H., & Jiang, Q. (2020). Corporate Dialogue in Crises of China: Examining dialogic strategies and communicative outcomes in a child abuse scandal. Public Relations Review, 46(1), 1-9.
- Jiang, Q., Li, W., & Zhao, H. (2019). Relationship between narcissism, self-esteem, selfie-related behaviors, and problematic smartphone use. Journal of Behavioral Addictions, 8(Suppl. 1), 143.
- Jiang, Q., & Fung, A. (2019). Games with a Continuum: Globalization, Regionalization and the Nation-state in the Development of China’s Online Game Industry. Games and Culture, 14(7-8), 801-824.
- Jiang, Q., Li, Y., & Shypenka, V. (2018). Loneliness, individualism, and smartphone addiction among international students in China. Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking, 21(11), 711-718.
- Jiang, Q., & Luan, C. (2018). Diffusion, Convergence and Influence of Pharmaceutical Innovations: A Comparative Study of Chinese and U.S. Patents. Globalization and Health, 14: 92.
- Jiang, Q., Li, Y., & Ramos-Diaz, J. (2018). Smartphone use and addiction in university students: The role of psychological traits and goals in Chinese and Peruvian samples. Journal of Behavioral Addictions, 7(Suppl. 1), 83.
- Jiang, Q. (2018). Off the hook: An exploratory study of online game quitters in China. Social Behavior and Personality, 46(12), 2097-2112.
- Jiang, Q. (2018). Freed or trapped: Gaming pleasures and expression of gender identities in world of Warcraft among Chinese players. Athens Journal of Mass Media and Communication, 4(2), 141-163.
- Jiang, Q., & Li, Y. (2018). Factors affecting smartphone dependency among the young in China. Asian Journal of Communication, 28(5), 508-525.
- Jiang, Q., Huang, X., & Tao, R. (2018). Examining factors influencing Internet addiction and adolescent risk behaviors among excessive Internet users. Health Communication, 33(12), 1434-1444.
- Jiang, Q., Aricat, R. G., Chib, A., Chia, A. Z. Y., Tan, S. M., Tan, X. Q. L., & Woo, Z. W. (2016). Silent But Brewing: Reactive Ethnicity and Interculturality among Chinese Students in Singapore. Journal of Intercultural Communication,40.http://immi.se/intercultural/.
- Lin, T. T. C., Chiang, Y., & Jiang, Q. (2015). Sociable people beware? Investigating smartphone versus non-smartphone dependency symptoms among young Singaporeans. Social Behavior and Personality, 43(7), 1209-1216.
- Chib, A., & Jiang, Q. (2014). Investigating modern-day talaria: mobile phones and the mobility-impaired in Singapore. Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, 19(3), 695-711.
- Jiang, Q. (2014). Internet addiction among young people in China: Internet connectedness, online gaming, and academic performance decrement. Internet Research, 24(1), 2-20.
- Jiang, Q. (2013). Celebrity athletes, soft power and national identity: Hong Kong newspaper coverage of the Olympic champions of Beijing 2008 and London 2012. Mass Communication and Society, 16(6), 888-909.
- Jiang, Q., & Leung, L. (2012). Effects of individual differences, awareness-knowledge, and acceptance of Internet addiction as a health risk on willingness to change Internet habits. Social Science Computer Review, 30(2), 170-183.
- Jiang, Q., & Leung, L. (2012). Lifestyles, gratifications-sought, and narrative appeal: American and Korean TV drama viewing among Internet users in urban China. The International Communication Gazette, 74(2), 159-180.
- Jiang, Q., & Leung, L. (2015). Internet addiction. In A. Esarey & R. Kluver(Eds.), The Internet in China: Cultural, political, and social dimensions (1980s-2000s)(pp. 230-237). Great Barrington, MA: Berkshire Publishing Group.
- Jiang, Q. (2014). Internet addiction. In T. L. Thompson (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Health Communication (pp.741-743). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Jiang, Q., & Huang, X. (2013). Internet: immersive virtual worlds. In P. M. Miller(Ed.), Principles of addiction: Comprehensive addictive behaviors and disorders, Volume I (pp. 881-890). Amsterdam; Boston, MA: Elsevier Academic Press.
- Jiang, Q., Huang, X., & Tao, R. (2013). Cybersex. In P. M. Miller (Ed.), Principles of addiction: Comprehensive addictive behaviors and disorders, Volume I (pp. 809-818). Amsterdam; Boston, MA: Elsevier Academic Press.
- Jiang, Q., & Xu, K. (2018). Fandom, Gratifications and Communicative Practices in China’s Computer-Mediated Fan Culture. Paper presented at 16th Annual International Conference on Communication and Mass Media, Athens, Greece. (ISBN 978-960-598-182-2)
- Jiang, Q., Zhou, X., & Xue, C. (September 2017). Mobile phone use and romantic relationship among female migrant workers in China. Paper presented at the 25th AMIC Annual Conference, Quezon City, Philippines. (ISSN 2599-4715[online]/ ISSN 2599-4734[print])
- Jiang, Q., & Wang, G. (September 2017). Mobile Phone use and long-distance mothering among female migrant workers in China. Paper presented at the 25th AMIC Annual Conference, Quezon City, Philippines. (ISSN 2599-4715[online]/ ISSN 2599-4734[print])
- Jiang, Q. (2016). Smartphone use and mobile phone dependency among university students in China: personal goals, self-esteem, leisure boredom, and sensation seeking. Paper presented at 14th Annual International Conference on Communication and Mass Media, Athens, Greece. (ISBN 978-960-598-042-9)
- Wu, W., Jiang, Q., & Chai, Y. (2016). A Study on Instructional Communication Effects of Teachers’ Nonverbal Immediacies among Chinese University Students. Paper presented at 14th Annual International Conference on Communication and Mass Media, Athens, Greece. (ISBN 978-960-598-042-9)
- Chai, Y., Jiang, Q., & Wu, W. (2016). Visualized Analysis of the communication effects of the Sina Weibo/Micro-blog of Chinese National Geography. Paper presented at 14th Annual International Conference on Communication and Mass Media, Athens, Greece. (ISBN 978-960-598-042-9)
- See, A., Goh, S. L., Ng, X. X., Cheang, R. J., Jiang, Q., & Chib, A. (2012). ICT influence on foreign wives’ social integration into Singaporean society. In R. J. Kauffman, M. Bichler, H. C. Lau, Y. Yang, & C. Yang (Eds.),International Conference on Electronic Commerce (ICEC) 2012 Proceedings (pp. 209-210).New York, NY: ACM.